I love watching movies, especially action, thriller movies. However, I never imagined the day when film would become a reality. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has literally changed everyone’s lives. Daily news reports around the world on increases in cases and deaths. Virtual hugs and conversations with friends and family. Stares filled with fear and panic at anyone that sneezes or coughs. Actively maintaining social distancing and obsessively washing hands all in the hope of flattening the curve.
The reality for the majority of us whether it be in self-isolation or quarantine we must be inside. Here are 5 tips to stay healthy while at home.
Keep Home Environment Clean
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces and objects daily
- Watch videos online
- Body weight exercises
Stick to a Meal Plan
- Regulate consumption and try and prevent overeating
- Well balanced meals
- Avoid overly processed foods
Take Care of your Mental Health
- Take breaks from the news and social media
- Get plenty of rest
- Practice meditation
- Engage in video chat with family and friends
- Drink water regularly
- Eat fruits and vegetables with high water content for e.g. cucumbers ( 96% water), watermelon (96% water), pineapple (95%water), celery ( 95% water) , lettuce ( 95% water), Tomatoes (94% water), melon (89% water).